Saturday, December 20, 2008

a REAL tree...


I love Thanksgiving for many reasons, not the least of which is that I get to put up the tree and start listening to Christmas music. On the tree I bought at Micheal's last year, 2 strands of the lights went out before the season was over, so I took it back...kind of like rent-a-tree. So we had to get a new one this year. We loaded up the kids and headed to Lowe's - because we had a coupon. The kids were wide-eyed in there, loving the lights and the life-sized Santa on display. It was cute. We picked our tree and were so excited to put it up. Well Chris unpacked it and it had colored lights. We returned it to find that there were none left of the tree we wanted with clear lights. So, we moved on to Home Depot, picked another tree, Chris put it up and a strand of those lights did not work. Yes, I was quite aggravated - I was pretty much done with fake trees for this year. And Chris said hey let's go get a real one. So we went and picked out out. It is a totally different experience having a real tree. It smells so pretty, and since Chris did the lights for me, I didn't even mind. I hadn't had a real tree since college! The kids have been surprisingly good, not messing with anything too much. I think the only downside is that now that we have had it for like 3 weeks, it is beginning to droop a little. But we are on the countdown to Christmas day, so I guess that's okay!

No comments: