I love Thanksgiving, especially when it is at my house! Our family all pitches in; all I had to do was the turkey and gravy. It makes it really easy that way, but we were a little sad the next day when we didn't have any leftovers... Anyway, everyone was back for Turkey day and it was a blast. All the kids did great, and the adults did too! We had 9 adults and 4 kids. I was proud of my pretty table, but hope someday we have a house to accommodate a long table like that in one room (that was 2 tables spread across 2 rooms!). Matching chairs would be nice too, but those are the little things, right? When bedtime was getting close, Charis realized she was pretty much the star of the show and started hamming it up. I said "I cannot believe a child of mine could be a ham!" But she is - making sure all eyes are on her, runs in circles, hollers "touchdown!" just whatever she can think of to entertain. When Price realizes all the attention she is getting, he will join in a little, but is generally content to hang back in my lap (no complaints here!) So...this Thanksgiving I am most thankful for my family - fitting, right? But I just think of the days of us longing for kids - and here they are! It is more of a blessing than I could have imagined. And to have my wonderful husband to share it all with is even more than I could have hoped for. I am truly blessed.
2 comments:
The table look fabulous! GREAT JOB! I love Charis' face in the family picture. So bright! Give the sweet babies a hug from me. I will be needing to see them VERY VERY soon.
Gorgeous table, and beautiful family! I'm with Terry...Charis' face is so fun in the family picture!
Post a Comment